Cooking Goals For Every Girl



*** Editor's note - I came across a story/joke shared by a few friends on Facebook a few days ago. However, the post came with an 'author unknown' tag so I went to work searching the internet for the origins of the joke (it has been adapted by several people a few times) so that I could give credit to the true owner. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful so I've done my own adaptation of the story. If you already know the joke, laugh again or just keep moving. Otherwise... enjoy! ***



The Good Wife's Diary


Day 1 - We are back from honeymoon and settled in our new home, It's fun to cook for hubby. Today I made scrambled eggs and the recipe said, 'Beat 4 eggs separately '. Well, I had only 2 bowls, so I had to borrow 2 extra bowls to beat the eggs in, the eggs turned out fine though.

Day 2 - We wanted a fruit salad for supper. The recipe said, 'Serve without dressing'. So I didn't dress. But hubby happened to bring a friend home for supper that night. They both looked so startled when I served them. I think it was the salad.

Image result for the good wife cooking  clip artDay 3 - I decided to serve rice and found a recipe, which said, 'Wash thoroughly before steaming the rice'. So I heated some water and took a bath before steaming the rice. Sounded kind of silly in the middle of the day. I can't say it improved the rice anyhow.

Day 4 - Today hubby asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said, prepare ingredients, and then toss on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving.'  I hunted all over the neighbours' gardens until I found one. So I tossed my salad onto the bed of lettuce and stood there for one hour so the dog would not take it. Hubby came over and asked if I felt all right. I wonder why.


Day 5 - Today I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said, 'Put all ingredients in a bowl and beat it'. Beat it I did, then went to my mother's place. There must have been something wrong with the recipe, because when I came back home again; it looked the same as when I left it.

Day 6 - Hubby went to the store today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. I'm sure I don't know how hens dress for Sunday but I found an old doll dress and its cute little  shoes. I thought the hen looked really cute. When hubby saw it, he started taking deep breaths and counting to ten. I think he's stressed from work.


Day 7 - Today, Hubby's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast but all we had in the freezer were hamburgers. So I popped them in the oven and set the controls for roast. Must be the oven, because  they still came out as hamburgers.


Well, this has been an exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow to come, so I can try a new soup recipe I found.


***Aww, such a good wife!


xoxo...
Girlfriends



***You can post comments on this blog using the comment box, which has options of being Anonymous & using an Alias(*Name/URL* Please note that URL is not compulsory) among others***




8 comments:

  1. Loooooooool!!!! This one is how to cook when you actually dont want to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... seriously, Hubby needed to ask "are you alright" lolllz. good one... serve without dressing... *winks* If only hubby had come home alone... THE GOOD WIFE'S diary indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She's a good wife jor. She was trying...

      I kinda feel sorry for the hubby though

      Delete
  3. Lmaooo....Dumb wife you mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe She could argue her case as a matter of perspective you know?

      Delete
  4. "....they still came out as hamburgers..."
    Yes, of course, it must be the oven...very silly. Super hubby.
    Had fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real super hubby. LOL

      Glad you had fun reading. Keep checking back...

      Delete