Best Straight-Outta-Naija Songs For A Great Work-Out




Image result for girl glasses cartoons

Last week, I'd gone to the eye clinic to pick out frames for my new single-vision anti-glare glasses. If you're not familiar with that, it just means I have perfect eyesight but require eye protection especially for when looking at a lit screen - TV, Computer, Phone etc. Ha ha



Anyway, yesterday the Glasses were ready and I set out to go pick them up - on foot. Remember how you're supposed to walk as much as you can? Click here if you missed it. So I donned my earphones, plugged into my phone, hit my music player and stepped. If you're familiar with Ikoyi, my office is just off Bourdillon and I had to go all the way to the end of Awolowo road‎ to get to Metro Eyes Clinic on Keffi street. Quite a distance...but with the music(one earpiece in and one out 'cos of the busy road) I barely noticed and that's how I got 75 minutes of walk-time to and fro. Yay!

If I can do it, so can you. The secret is in the music. Here's a selection of some of my favourite fast-paced, upbeat, straight-outta-Naija songs - in no particular order. You can use gym equipment, walk, jog, run or dance to them. They are not the most current or popular songs but they keep you going which is really what we are after, right?


Image result for straight outta naija


Click on each song to play. 

Image result for coloured single music notes






Image result for colorful single music note







Image result for single music notes

















Image result for single music notes


Got any favourites we missed? Let us know in the comments and don't forget to drink lots of water.

xoxo...
Girlfriends

1 comment: